Our mission is to breed the most beautiful double lilies in the world. Only the very best double lilies can be called Roselily:
- Beauty: Roselily is outstanding in her beauty. Large colorful buds and 100% double flowers are a must.
- Smell: The Roselily has as little smell as possible. In the future, we aim to only market Roselilies without a scent.
- Pollen free: The latest selection Roselily produces no pollen under any circumstances. The range currently on the market may still contain pollen in some cases, depending on the time of year and growing conditions. The Roselily will never contain as much pollen as an ordinary lily.
- Long vase life: Roselilies have a longer vase life than single-flowering lilies.
Increase lily demand
We are committed to make Roselily an international brand of pollen-free double-flowering lilies that produce a minimum number of petals of a certain level of quality. Which are sweet and less fragrant, and that have a longer vase life than single-flowering lilies. We are convinced that this type of lily can eventually enlarge the demand for lilies. The reasons why consumers rarely buy lilies – if at all – are often their strong scent and the stains resulting from their pollen. It is this group in particular that are responding so enthusiastically to the Roselily collection
The Roselily series was developed by De Looff Lily Innovation. This company run by the brothers Tonny, Martin and Johan de Looff was originally engaged in lily forcing. Always looking for new varieties, they often visited plant breeders. This inspired them to start breeding themselves: in 1993 they launched their own plant breeding programme. A few years later, the brothers discovered a spontaneous mutation: a freak of nature in the form of a double-flowering lily and Roselily was born!
- 1997 – Founded by De Looff Innovation
- 2001 – Discovery of double flower seedlings
- 2004 – First series double flowering Oriental
- 2008 – Start De Looff Innovation & Bulb growers association Roselilies
- 2010 – Roselily® registered as a brand
- 2011 – Start production of Roselily Belonica ® and Roselily Fabiola ®
- 2013 – Introducing seven more varieties
- 2014 – Increasing marketing Roselily
- 2015 – Roselily Collection available at Flora Holland
- 2016 – Worldwide availability of Roselily
- 2017 & 2018 – Introducing more varieties
Future Roselily generations
The breeding of Roselily varieties, too, is taking great strides in development. Over the last eight years, varieties have been selected that display even more improvements in length, upward-facing flowers and beauty. The selection of white orientals coming up are very promising.